- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 egg
- a dash of blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- In mixing bowl, using your hands, combine beef, blue cheese, onions, egg, bread crumbs, blue cheese dressing, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Roll into 24 balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Working in two batches if necessary, brown the meatballs.
- Return all meatballs to the skillet, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through-out. Transfer meatballs to a paper towel to drain.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Pour whipping cream into the drippings in the skillet, increase heat to medium-high and cook until sauce slightly thickens, about 2 minutes.
Place meatballs on a platter or in a slow cooker to stay warm, spoon sauce over the meatballs and garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve over noodles or rice, and round out the meal with steamed sugar snaps or green beans.
Pair with Hickman Family Vineyards Zinfandel